EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Track-4: EPSCoR Research Fellows Solicitation: NSF 17-509
The EPSCoR RII Track-4 is intended to increase the competitiveness of EPSCoR-eligible institutions by catalyzing and strengthening the research programs of non-tenured faculty. The awards provide support for PIs to spend extended periods of time at premier research facilities within the US by providing up to 6 months salary support as well as for travel between the home institution and host site and living expenses at the host site. Host sites may be academic institutions, government laboratories, Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs), or commercial or non-profit centers. Eligibility is limited to PIs in non-tenured appointments (either a pre-tenure tenure-track position or a long-term non-tenure-track position). Co-PIs are not permitted in this program.
Preliminary proposals of no more than 3 pages should provide:
· an overview describing the vision and goals of the fellowship project
· the role of the host site and its personnel in achieving the project’s goals and vision
· a summary of the objectives and methods to be employed
· the expected impacts of the proposed activities and plans for sustaining the project’s impact beyond the award period
· a succinct summary of the intellectual merit and broader impacts of the project
· the proposed host site and collaborator(s)
In addition, the proposal should include:
· an NSF-style CV of no more than 2 pages
· a statement from the department head agreeing that, if successful, the PI would be able to be away from the department for the length of the fellowship
NSF will be presenting informational webinars for FII Track-4 on November 29 and 30.
URL for More Information: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2017/nsf17509/nsf17509.htm
Institutions are limited to three proposals for the RII Track-4 program. The preliminary proposals for the internal competition are due at 9 am on Monday, December 5. The proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as pdfs. Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered.
David Lampert, CEAT
Pankaj Sarin, CEAT
Jongmin Cho, A&S